School-based Outreach Services
MSDB’s Outreach Consultants are based in communities throughout the state, serving children and youth in over 100 school districts and preschools. Consultants work with local school districts, parents, and other members of the educational team to plan appropriate academic programs for students with vision loss and/or different hearing levels, wherever they may live.
Outreach Consultants provide information, technical assistance, and consultation in the following areas:
- Deafness/different hearing levels
- Blindness/vision loss
- Deaf education
- Blind education
- Communication strategies/skills
- Curriculum adaptation
- Program/staff development
- Audiological services
- Language development in English and/or ASL
- Assistive technology
- Transition from high school to post-secondary education or the work force
For more information about our Outreach services, please call MSDB at 1-800-882-MSDB, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.